Wednesday, November 14, 2012

SLOW


...why, yes, I am rather slow lately, mostly due to NaNoWriMo and role plays taking up most of my free time. But I had this lined up from October, and figured I could take the time to write this out, at least! So you'll get this in-between my writings about secret agents and government conspiracies!

What's 'this', you ask? It's a region called SLOW, cloud covered and serene with several stores to shop and several areas to frolic. I originally arrived with the intent on shopping for arm warmers for the upcoming cold season but hadn't been able to find any in the store I was directed to. Instead, I wandered out of the store in hopes that maybe I was just slightly off and it might be a neighbouring store when... well, let's just say I hadn't been expecting the calm beauty of the place. SLOW is a flooded region, and you might want to pull on a pair of waterproof boots to wander through. There's areas with rain and there are dry areas, but it's all as beautiful as you might expect when you put on a pair of headphones to listen to the quiet and calming power of a storm.

The sky is hazy and grey and the buildings are all either wood or stone, washed out and grey like a lazy day spent lounging in bed while rain platters on your windows to lull you to sleep.



...I gave in and bought those curtains, by the way, because they are beautiful, beautiful things. I'm thinking about buying a set of umbrellas as well, which is sold in one of the stores with animated textures for raindrops falling off the umbrella and gathering on the fabric. (Ignore any words that don't make sense, I've been word splurging for the month.)

Now this is a place that I've been back to on more than one occasion because it's just so calming and peaceful... ever had that stubbornly bad day which leaves you with a rain cloud that won't leave your head? I'd actually suggest this place when you're in a mood like that. With the gentle rain and soothing background sounds, it's bound to wash away all bad moods.

What else can I say about it? The pictures don't do it justice. It's not somewhere to go if you're expecting big and fast entertainment. Honestly, SLOW is very aptly named for those times when you're feeling lazy and just need somewhere on Second Life that reflects your attitude... or somewhere you need to calm down at. In fact, it's hard for me to pull words to say about it because it's more of a feeling and an aesthetic area than it is a place to be written about.

Looking for that quiet place to relax and not even hang out with other people? This is it. I have to admit, I've been using this place to get into the mood for writing lately, just parking my avatar somewhere and enjoying the ambiance of it all. If I could step into Second Life to do my writing, I might make a long pit stop right here.


I might have... intentionally taken pictures there again when I realized I took some nice pictures and then that I totally wasn't dressed correctly for the sim. (I was ready for winter! Not a little rain.) So I went back with another outfit and therefore you guys get two outfits for the price of one!

 Shamera is wearing:
Hat w/ hair -- Rosy Mood (free)
Jacket -- SPLASH (free)
Jeans -- R.icielli Anna ($10L hunt item)
Boots -- *COCO* (free group gift)






Dress -- *COCO* (free group gift)
Scarf --{ Zeery } (old free gift)
Socks -- Utilizator (not free)
Shoes -- Loords of London (free@ Beginners Luck)

No comments:

Post a Comment